The NEF webinar will be packed with interesting talks from 10 different guest speakers who will shine a light on the challenges, changes and positive learning which has come from the pandemic. We will ask for the role Outdoor Learning plays in reimagining education in Ireland. We aim to explore how the pandemic has affected education. More specifically, we aim to explore which role Outdoor Learning has played in education during the pandemic, and if Outdoor Learning is here to stay in a post-pandemic world. We will focus on employment and the re-engagement of young people in the labor market after pandemic Covid-19. The three-hour long webinar will host 10 different speakers ranging from taking a very applied approach, to providing more scientific background to the effectiveness of Outdoor Learning.
Among the speakers:
- Arne Follerås – Deputy and charge d’affaires of the Royal Norwegian Embassy.
- Aodhnait Carroll – Lecturer in outdoor education in Coláiste Dhúlaigh Further Education.
- Rachel Rafferty – PhD in DCU researching Outdoor Learning, co-designed outdoor classroom.
- Councillor Daniel Butler – Limerick City Drug Education and Prevention Worker, Chairperson of My Mind Centre for Wellbeing.
- Joanna Bochniarz – President of CIE.
- Seamus Hoyne – Dean Flexible and Work Based Learning, Director Industry Engagement, Head of Centre, Thurles Campus.