The New Education Forum is a platform for exchanging knowledge, experiences and contacts in the fields of vocational education and training, learning and labour market. NEF acts at a European level and has representatives from more than 190 institutions: European Regions and Cities, higher education and research institutions, VET providers, industry representatives coming from 17 EU countries compose the NEF network.
Since its foundation in 2015, NEF aims at:
- Promoting transversal competencies as necessary work assets
- Endorsing VET as effective manner supporting labour market and adding prestige to vocational learning and training through counteracting prejudice
- Finding manners for innovative learning pathways engaging disadvantaged groups, especially NEETs
- Building bridges between EU Regions and European Institutions in terms of the above 3 subjects
- NEF achieves these goals through its Regional Meetings and annual New Education Forum in the Brussels’ European Parliament held once every year.