New Education Forum+ (NEF+) is a project that aims to combine the innovation of Outdoor Learning with digital environments, to promote Outdoor Learning as a way to develop transversal competences in vocational education and training (VET). These competences are essential in the areas of employment, active citizenship, and personal development. NEF + is a response to the need to disseminate the Outdoor Learning approach in education, as well as to provide open access to knowledge and good practices in Outdoor Learning.
Moreover, NEF+ aims at creating a digital community that allows European practicians to expand their network in the Outdoor Learning field, and to offer space for the professional development of VET providers in this innovative methodology.
Who can benefit from NEF+?
- VET providers and related professionals who are already active in the field of vocational training and want to learn more about Outdoor Learning.
- Experts and professional institutions that, through their training activities, will support the dissemination of Outdoor Learning as a tool.
- Politicians and decision-makers at regional and European level to raise awareness of the value of Outdoor Learning for vocational education.
Project activities planned for the next two years (2021-2023)
- Review of available literature and research on Outdoor Learning
- A list of good practices that provide inspiration and reference for the implementation of Outdoor Learning in formal education
- Establishment of an open digital library, containing materials to facilitate getting to know the topic and self-application of individual tools for everyday work in education
- Organization of two international conferences
- Publication of a guide and recommendations on the use of Outdoor Learning in vocational training and education